Limited Walk-In Services
Limited Walk-In Services will be available starting Monday, June 29th, 2020.
Effective August 3rd, 2020: The library will be open for limited walk-in services at the following hours:
Monday through Friday: 10:00am - 8:00pm
Closed for the Weekends
We are offering reduced computer services while in limited walk-in services:
- We have 5 adult computers available for use.
- Adults can use the computers for up to 1 hour per day.
- Guests can request a complimentary guest pass if they do not have a Richton Park Library Card.
- We are offering up to 10 pages of b&w prints for free (in-person or wireless) while we are not handling cash.
- Please send prints to the queue like normal and see the Adult Desk for pick up.
Our Adult & Youth Reference Desks are open and will be providing
- Recommended Reads / Readers Advistory
- Summer Reading Program (Sign up, logging days, etc.)
- Assistance with placing holds on items (if not in the building)
- Assistance with retrieving items from the shelves (while patrons are unable to access bookshelves)
- Basic Computer Assistance (Adult Services Desk Only)
- Curbside Crafts (Inside Pick-up & Curbside Pick-up Scheduling)
- Research Assistance
- Most services are also available here: Ask-A-Librarian page
Our Circulation staff will direct visitors to Reference Desks (if needed) and provide the following services:
- Curbside & Holds Pick-Up
- Currently limited to items available on our shelves
- Checking out materials
- All returning materials must be returned in our outdoor book return so we can safely quarantine them before handling. Our Interior Returns are Not Available. Staff will not accept any returns at the counter.
- Basic Account Maintenance (that does not involve payment)
- Additional Services:
- Fax Services (Credit Card Only)
- Vending Machine (Exact Change Only, everything is $1 and the machine only takes quarters)
- Photo-copy (exact change only; 0.15/ea b&w, 0.75/ea color)
- Scan to PDF service (must bring your own USB Flash Drive)
- Curbside & Holds Pick-Up
Please Note: We are still navigating being open and providing services safely. Offerings may differ from what is listed online as we adapt to what works and what does not work. Information provided in the building will take precedence over what is posted online as we are more responsive in person. We will make every attempt to keep this page as up to date as possible. Thank you for your understanding!
Curbside pick-up of items started on Wednesday, June 10th, 2020. (New Curbside Hours effective as of 8/3/2020)
Curbside Services Hours are as follows:
Monday - Friday: 11:00am-7:00pm
Not Available on Weekends
NO Returns will be accepted by staff during curbside pick-up. ALL returns must be dropped in the drive-thru book drop on the side of the building.
How do I get items?
You can search our catalog and place holds on our items. When they are ready for pick up, a staff member will call and schedule a day and time for you to pick up your items. Your items will only be held for 3 days before being re-shelved, as we expect this service to be very popular, so be sure to come at your scheduled day and time.
If placing holds in our online catalog doesn't work for you, you can call or email the library for those items to be pulled.
Voicemails from when we are closed will also be listened to when staff is in the building. Once items are ready for pick up, staff will contact you and schedule a time to pick up items. Interlibrary loans are not available at this time.
Items will be checked out to your account upon pick-up being scheduled. When you arrive at your scheduled pick up time, please call the library at 708-481-5333 x4 OR Ring the Doorbell to let us know you are here. Staff will come out to deliver your items.
But what if I don't know what I want?
Our Librarians have been hard at work coming up with genre lists to help make choosing items easier. Lists can be found on our website. Still not sure? Call the libraries' youth and adult reference desks for a reader's advisory chat! We will be able to pull and recommend items for you!
Genre Lists(updated regularly): Click here for the Google Doc
Fine Free Summer
The library will be fines free through the end of July. This means that no fines will be charged for overdue items during this time. Items will still be billed if they are over 2 weeks overdue.
The library is not handling cash at this time. Credit Card payments will be available soon!
eBooks & Materials
Digital Library Card
If you do not have a library card, you can register for a Digital Library Card to temporarily access our library's Digital Resources.
NEW Library Databases
We are adding NEW Library Databases in Early July!
Thank you for your patience and support during the past couple of months! August 3rd Updates: Hour Changes