Meeting Room Rules are currently being revised as the library has moved into its new location. Meeting Room booking will not be available until January 2015.
Meeting Room Rules
- Local non-profit community groups serving the Library District may use the Library’s Meeting Room.
- Library functions take precedence over all other activities. In the event that Library functions are being disrupted or interfered with, the Library reserves the right to change or cancel reservations.
- No admission may be charged by groups using the Meeting Room. No donations may be solicited while using the meeting room.
- The Meeting Room may not be used for partisan political meetings.
- The Meeting Room may only be used during regular Library hours. However, all meetings must end at least 30 minutes before the Library closes.
- Groups are responsible for maintaining the Meeting Room during their use. If this is not done, a charge will be assessed for any necessary maintenance. Further use of the Meeting Room may then be denied.
- Groups of children under the age of 18 must have an adult sponsor present. One sponsor is necessary for every 10 children.
- Smoking and alcoholic beverages are not permitted anywhere in the Library, including the Meeting Room.
- No food or drink may be served without prior approval from the Library Director or his/her designate.
- The Library must receive a completed physical Meeting Room application signed by an adult Library District cardholder before accommodations can be considered. A phonecall or an email without the attached application will not suffice. The adult Library District cardholder must be in attendance in the meeting, and is responsible for the use of the Meeting Room.
- Reservations should be made at least 48 hours in advance and need to be approved by the Library Director or his/her designate.
- A maximum of 12 meetings per year per group will be allowed.
- Reservations will not be accepted more than four months in advance.
- The Meeting Room capacity is 15. Capacity may not be exceeded without prior permission from the Library Director or his/her designate.
Download Meeting Room Application & Rules