STUDY ROOM POLICY (updated 05-4-17)
The Richton Park Public Library District has 5 study rooms intended for private study for the public by small groups or individuals. There are (2) rooms in Youth Services & Teen and (3) rooms in Adult Services.
1. Study Room Sign-in: Individuals/groups must sign-up with staff at the Youth or Adult Services desk to reserve a Study Room in person.
2. Study Rooms are First Come, First Served:
a. Study Rooms may be reserved by a particular group or individual only one time per day. Rooms will be monitored for noise and overuse.
b. Each room will be reserved for one hour. If no one is waiting, an additional hour is given with a maximum of two hours. Time may be extended at the discretion of staff, if there is no one else waiting. Additional time will be in one-hour increments.
3. ID Requirements for Study Room Use: Photo ID, School ID, or Library Card will be acceptable forms of identification. ID will be held until the small group or individual’s use of the room is completed.
Adult Services Study Rooms:
1. Study Room 1 is a 5-person room. Study Rooms 2 & 3 are 4-person rooms. Staff will enforce these limits.
2. The Adult Service Study Rooms are for use by Adults ONLY.
3. Special requests to use the Youth Study Rooms will be considered.
Youth Services & Teen Study Rooms:
1. Study Rooms 4 & 5 are 4-person rooms. Staff will enforce these limits.
2. These study rooms are for use for High School, Middle School, and Younger Aged Children.
3. Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by a designated caregiver.
1. The Patron Code of Conduct applies to all Study Room users (including, but not limited to):
a. No moving furniture into and out of the room or no misuse of furniture in any way (ie: sitting or lying on
the tables; feet propped up on the chairs & table; lying on the floor…)
b. No outside food and only covered beverages are allowed in the Study Rooms. If seen with food, you’ll be asked to leave the Study Room for the day.
c. No sleeping in the Study Rooms.
d. Lights MUST stay on at all times.
e. No sitting or lying on the floor.
f. No exchanging money for services and other business transactions.
g. No solicitation or selling of products and goods.
h. No viewing or displays of inappropriate obscenities.
i. Cell phone conversations must be kept to a minimum with your voice lowered.
j. Constant behavior warnings will result in loss of privileges.
Study Rooms ARE NOT SOUND PROOF!
2. After Study Room Usage:
a. Personal belongings left behind are not the responsibility of the library.
b. Debris & garbage left behind may cause loss of privileges.
c. Damage to the room or furniture will result in repair/ replacement charges and loss of privileges.
3. Please Sign-Out: A staff member will check the room to insure a good condition before releasing the ID.